11.04.2013

Ketubah

This is a Ketubah , a traditional marital contract.

My poor Hebrew reading skills allow me to read Ketubah in header, but unable to read the handwritten inserts which, I suppose are the names of the happy couple.

Also, I do not have any indication of dating of this document.

Any help decyphering this Ketubah very welcome. 

Update 10.2015:
Thanks to my friend Moshe I am now able to provide some more detail on this document.
The date : this read tuesday 1 Sivan 5700 (June 7th, 1940 which in fact was a friday - to be cleared out)
The place: Antwerpen
The couple :

Eliezer Jacobs, son of Simrha Israel & Rivkha Lila (or Lida), daughter of Ruben ha-Cohen (or Kahan ?!)

It is a morbid search, but I went to Yad Vashem research page to find any traceof these people in the list of holocaust victims. I  found an Eliezar Jacobs and an Eliezer Jacobs deported from Amsterdam.

You can put your answer as a comment or go to the 'Contact' page. Click on the picture to see it larger.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire